Game 114: Orioles 3, Indians 1
* Brad Bergesen got the pitchers back onto the quality start bandwagon and then-some, taking a no-hitter into the 5th inning. He threw maybe 4 pitches above the belt all night, and was able to generate some whiffs with his slider. Final line; 9 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 2 BB, 4 K, and a 13:8 groundball to flyball ratio. First win since May 12th, and the first complete game win for the O's all season. Maybe Bergy's finally back?
* Brian Roberts had a 3-4 day, hitting his second home run of the season, adding a walk, and raising his batting average all the way up to .278 (was .253 coming into today).
* Josh Bell picked up 3 singles (including one batting right-handed) and made a nice play at third defensively.
* Every Orioles reached base for the second game in a row, and the defense turned 21 of 23 balls in play into outs.
* Only 3 runs on 13 hits (one a home run) and 3 walks is a pre-Buck offensive performance.
I know it's dumb, but for as long as they keep winning, I'll keep referencing the Buck Magic. 8-1 now, and (pending a late game loss by Pittsburgh) the Orioles are no longer holders of the worst record in the majors. At this rate, they'll go 43-5 down the stretch and finish at 83-79. I'd settle for 75 wins though.