Game 88: Orioles 4, Rangers 1
* Jake Arrieta lost his no-hitter in the first inning. Pfff, loser. Seriously though, he did a nice job. Arrieta went to the sinker quite a bit, which allowed him to get a couple of double plays when he was in trouble while also generating a few swings and misses (which he got on the slider as well). Final line; 6.1 IP, 6 H, 1 R, 2 BB, 3 K, 1 HR.
* Miguel Tejada drew three walks. Really. And then he hit a home run. Power and patience? From Miggy? Odd, but I like it.
* Craig Tatum singled, walked, and stole a base. He was actually out, but (it looked to me like) the ump blew the call. Still counts though, and he now has more career steals than Matt Wieters.
* Corey Patterson, Julio Lugo, and Adam Jones each doubled. Lugo also added an infield single.
* O's batters struck out 8 times, and scoring more than 4 runs given the 8 hits and 5 walks would have been nice. Kind of nit-picky though.
After a very rough first half, the Orioles go into the All-Star break on quite a high note. With their 4-1 win, the Birds completed their four-game sweep of the first-place Texas Rangers - on the road, no less. That keeps the team below the 60 loss mark, at 29-59. Only one game ahead of the Pirates now for the worst record in the majors.