Game 89: Orioles 2, Blue Jays 4
* After a four-day break, Orioles' baseball is back!
* Felix Pie went 2-4 with a double against the tough lefty Ricky Romero.
* So did Ty Wigginton (2-4, 2B).
* Julio Lugo also picked up a couple hits, including a hustle infield hit.
* Miguel Tejada looks more patient at the plate. He walked 3 times in the O's last game before the lay-off, and added another free pass and a single today.
* It was one of those really in-between starts that I couldn't place well. Brad Bergesen had a very rough start to this game, though he did settle down some. Toronto isn't a great match-up for Bergy, since they swing - a lot - and Brad misses very, very few bats. Final line; 6 IP, 9 H, 4 R, 2 BB, 3 K, 1 HR. He did end up with 13 groundballs to 7 flyballs
* After a four-day break, Orioles' baseball is back.
* Romero more or less dominated the O's through 7 innings. Lot of groundballs, and 5 K's to only 1 walk. Induced a couple of double plays as well.
I guess the All-Star break let the Orioles remember who they were. After sweeping the Rangers in Texas, they come back and lose 4-2 to the Blue Jays at home. They're now the first team in the majors to 60 losses, and sit at 29-60 - still just a game ahead of the Pirates (though that matters a little less with potential #1 draft-pick in 2011, Anthony Rendon, severely injuring his ankle).