Game 57: Orioles 4, Red Sox 3
* Other than all the flyballs and the home run that came with them, Matusz looked good until he seemed to tire in the 6th inning. He was taken out of the game with two outs and the bases loaded, finishing with a ling of 5.2 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 4 BB (one intentional), 7 K.
* Jason Berken did a nice job out of the pen, pitching 1.1 scoreless with a K and a double play to erase his lone baserunner allowed. The .1 for the IP was Berken coming in with the bases loaded and two outs to retire Youkilis.
* David Hernandez pitched two scoreless frames himself, striking out a batter and picking up the win.
* Luke Scott singled, doubled, and walked.
* Nick Markakis walked twice, giving him 35 on the season. Still on pace for just over 100. There was also the matter of the game winning single in the bottom of the 11th.
* Craig Tatum singled and walked twice. He's now had 3 walks plus hits in two games this year, out of 15. Wieters has also had two games with at least 3 times on base - out of 51.
* 9 hits and 8 walks, but only 3 extra-base knocks and just 4 runs scored. At least they only grounded into one double play. Too many batters left on base.
The O's finally break their 10 game losing streak with the 4-3 win in extra innings, scoring more than 3 runs for the first time in 8 games. No other team in baseball has fewer than 21 wins, and the O's are now 16-41. But a win's a win!