Spring Training Game 19: Orioles at Marlins
* Guts didn't allow a longball despite 7 flyouts to 3 groundouts, giving up just 2 runs in 5 innings pitched. He allowed 6 hits, walked 2, and struck out 4. Easily the best start of the Spring for him.
* Adam Jones went 2-3, and picked up his third homer of the Spring.
* Hitter finally got to Cla Meredith, putting two runs on the board against him (one earned).
* Matt Albers gave up a run on a pair of doubles.
* Kam Mickolio pitched a scoreless inning and K'ed two, but he also walked a couple of batters. 8 strike-outs in 8.1 IP is good, but 7 walks is not; that kind of stuff can't continue in the regular season.
* Despite the good day at the plate, Jones was also picked off on the basepaths and dropped a flyball in center-field.
The bullpen gave up 3 runs in 3 innings, and the offense remained largely dormant. With the 5-2 loss, the O's fall to 8-11 on the Spring.
Jeremy Guthrie - having a shaky Spring - goes up against a decent Florida line-up. The O's batter have to contend with Ricky Nolasco, who posted a high ERA last year but is still a very good pitcher.