Game 34: Orioles 5, Mariners 2
* Bergy had his second straight nice start; 7.2 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 2 BB, 3 K. I was actually sad to see him strike out two batters in the 6th inning, since a scoreless and K-free night would have tied the record for consecutive games for a starter giving up zero runs with no strike-outs (at two - be blanked the Twins through 6.2 and struck out none). His sinker looks back too (15 groundouts to 5 flyouts).
* Adam Jones had a nice night, going 3-4. Perhaps he feels more comfortable at the plate knowing there's an even less disciplined hitter in the line-up. Thanks Corey Patterson!
* Tejada doubled in a couple of runs, and later added a single. He did make an error at third - his sixth - but I think it's hard to complain too much about his transition there.
* Luke Scott showed some pop, going 2-4 with a home run and a double.
* Garrett Atkins walked and doubled - the latter should have scored Scott, who was at second and stopped at third for some reason.
* Alferdo Simon game in in the 9th with runners on the corners and no outs. Strike-out, sac fly, flyout. Shutdown Sauce indeed. 4 for 4 in save situations so far.
* I saw Markakis (1-4, 2 K) and Wieters (1-4, K) both swing at pitches well out of the strike-zone. Largely nit-picking though.
* I'd also have liked to see the O's draw more than one walk.
In the game of the series that the O's absolutely had to win, they put some runs on the board (relatively speaking) and got some good pitching. The 5-2 win finally gets them into double-digits in victories, improving their record to 10-24. The deciding game will be a day affair tomorrow, with King Felix going against Kevin Millwood. I'll be their - hopefully taking in a W.