Game 139: Orioles 6, Yankees 2
* Jake Arrieta gave up a number of hits, but did a pretty good job of keeping the ball down in the zone while throwing a lot of two-seamers. Facing a line-up full of (quality) left-handed batters, you have to give the kid some credit. Final line; 6.1 IP, 8 H, 2 R, 1 BB, 3 K, plus 9 groundballs to 6 flyballs.
* Matt Albers and Mark Hendrickson combined to pitch 2.2 perfect innings out of the pen.
* Brian Roberts, Nick Markakis, and Ty Wigginton each picked up a pair of hits.
* Nolan Reimold took CC Sabathia deep for his first major league homer since May 5th (also in New York).
* Would have liked to see more than one walk, though that's not really new for this team.
* There were some less than stellar defensive plays, including from Adam Jones in center.
The Orioles are 21-13 under Buck now. At (temporarily) 6 games ahead of the Pirates, the team is actually closer to having the 9th worst record this year than the very worst.. Who would have expected that two months ago?
The Orioles went 3-1 while I was away, which was a pleasant surprise. Nice to see Brian Matusz had a solid start (Guthrie too), as well as Chris Tillman making an appearance (even with the two home runs). Nick Markakis even hit a home run! So good times all around this past weekend.