Game 144: Orioles 4, Blue Jays 3
* Rick Vandenhurk did a nice job in relief, coming in after Brian Matusz was removed to start the second (he was hit on the leg with a comebacker, though it looked more precautionary than serious). Final line; 5.1 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 0 BB, 3 K, 1 HR. And he needed only 55 pitches to do it.
* Mike Gonzalez faced 4 batters, retiring all of them (and 3 on strike-outs).
* Brian Roberts hit a lead-off home run and finished with a 2-4 night.
* Nick Markakis went 3-5 with a walk, and scored the game-winning run in the bottom of the 11th.
* Adam Jones had a couple hits (including a double), and added a free pass of his own.
* 12 hits and 6 walks, and the team only scored 4 runs. That's a lot of guys left on base.
Well, it only took 13 tries but the Orioles finally beat the Jays. The Birds are 56-88 on the season (24-15 under Buck), leaving them way ahead of the Pirates at this point and also ahead of Seattle (if they lose to Boston).