- So, this Zach Britton kid is pretty good. He used his two-seamer quite a bit (almost completely eschewing the slider), and was able to rack up a lot of groundballs. Final line; 6 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 2 BB, 2 K.
- Jim Johnson pitched a perfect 7th, striking out a couple (on eight total pitches, no less). His 8th inning wasn't as clean, as he gave up a double. But he K'ed two more - seems solid against the heart of the Sox order. Not saying JJ's better than Kevin Gregg. But he's significantly worse.
- Vlad Guerrero went 3-4; all singles, but all hit fairly hard. Still no walks though. Chances he ends April without one? 70%? Higher? Dates picked for the "When Will Vlad Walk" pool on twitter ranged from April 30th to mid May to June to never (if we're not counting IBB).
- Luke Scott singled, doubled, and drew a walk.
- Only four runs scored on 12 hits (10 singles) and 3 walks.
The pitching was solid, and just enough hits fell in. Like the first week of the season. Maybe it'll last a little longer this time.