- Mitch Atkins had a solid the O's debut; 6 IP, 8 H, 1 R, 0 BB, 4 K. The no walks is interesting given that he missed the zone a fair bit, usually to his arm side (inside to righties, outside to lefties). And he gave up more flyballs than groundballs, which isn't my favorite thing to see. Stuff-wise, Atkins' fastball looked relatively mediocre, averaging a bit over 90 mph without particularly great movement. The slider seemed sharp enough, and the handful of curves and change-ups were decent. Atkins actually reminded me a little of a worse version of Jason Berken when he was a starter.
- JJ Hardy homered again. Maybe he'll stay so hot that some team throws a great package of prospects at the Orioles - the kind they can't turn down.
- Matt Wieters hit his 8th of the year out, including the 5th from the right side of the plate. Also added a couple singles.
- Other than the two solo shots, the O's didn't have much offense - no walks and no other extra-base hits.
- Jim Johnson wasn't on his game, walking a pair of batters and giving up two runs on three hits.
11 games under .500 now. Things are not looking so good in Birdland at the moment. At least with Luke Scott on the DL now (so glad they never traded him before, as now there's virtually no chance of getting anything for him), Nolan Reimold might get some real playing time.