- JJ Hardy... still awesome. A 3-5 day out of the lead-off spot, including a double. The O's may end up costing themselves a fair bit of money for waiting to sign him to an extension. Should have done it before the season - at the moment it might not be cost effective.
- Luke Scott also had three hits - one of which was a bunt down the third-base line with the infield shift on. If he can do that consistently, it'll be a nice bonus.
- Matt Wieters crushed a game-tying two-run as a right-handed* batter, almost appearing to one-arm the ball into the stands. And he threw out a runner trying to advance on a wild pitch.
- Been a while (like, last season), but Nick Markakis had a "Nick Markakis day"**, with a couple single, a double, and a walk.
** A game with a double and a walk. Not really who he his anymore though.
- Chirs Jakubauskas is back to being Chirs Jakubauskas. Maybe he's a decent major league long-man. Maybe. Final line; 5.1 IP, 7 H, 4 R, 4 BB, 2 K.
- Buck brought Jeremy Accardo out for the 7th inning with the O's down 4-3. Why? He isn't good. He shouldn't be pitching in high leverage situations. Down 2-3? Sure. Down 1? I guess on the road their chances aren't that good, but still. Predictably he gave up 3 hits (including a double and a homer), and was only saved from giving up more than 1 run by Wieters' arm. Alfredo Simon should be in in that spot, but he's the long man for some reason.
Nice comeback for the O's, but they could only keep the Jays down for so long. They lose in extras and fall to 30-34 on the season.