- Jake Arrieta's control was a little shaky in the early going, but he settled down and turned in a fantastic start - continuing his very good 2011. Final line; 7 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 2 BB, 8 K. Plus 9 groundballs to 5 flyballs.
- Nick Markakis went 2-5, with both hits being hit very hard - a frozen-rope RBI single and a home run on a hanging curveball that he turned on. More of that, please.
- Mark Reynolds had a perfect day at the plate (OBP-wise, at least), going 3-3 plus a walk. More of that, please.
- Luke Scott was also on base four times, with a pair of singles and a pair of walks. Eh, he's been fine this year. Maybe a few more free passes to get that OBP up.
- The O's let Kyle Davies off the hook repeatedly, and finished the game with 10 hits and 3 walks by only 3 runs (and one was on the homer).
Thankfully the bullpen only needed to manage an ERA below 9 in this one to keep from blowing the lead. And they did. If the team can beat former Orioles Bruce Chen tomorrow, it'll give them the series win and get them back to .500.